Monday, August 27, 2007

When Inspiration Strikes

I want to really find out how this inspiration thing works. I mean that non-physical, totally mental (pun very much intended!) thing which helps in converting simple two word ideas into a 500 word blog post. How does it work? Is there a method to the madness? Or is it just that, mad!?

If you are wondering why I am going on about inspiration's modus-operandi, please read on. Actually, doesn't matter if you are wondering or not. Just read on.

This morning I realized two things. The first one was while I was taking my bath. The second one was, hmmm, while I was taking my bath! Anyway, so I realized two things this morning and both in the bath. The first one was that I had this great idea and even as I thought about it, as if on auto-pilot, I started fleshing out the idea to convert it into my post for the day. There I was, under the shower, deciding on how to start the post, deciding the path I would take to meander all over the place before coming to the point (which usually is insignificant), the title I would give the post and such.

Before I go further, a question: If I am thinking about my blog in such circumstances and in such surroundings, does it mean I am addicted to it or does it just mean that I am compulsively and psychologically dependent on it?

Coming back, I was deciding the topic for my post. And was happy I didn't have to spend too much time thinking about what to write today. And that's when the whole oddity of the thing struck me. How is it that when I actually sit with my ideas, I have to coax the post out of the deep, dark recesses of my brain, but there in the bath, the post was voluntarily rushing out, as if to say, "Here I am. Publish me."! And that is the second thing I realized this morning. That my mind seemed to work - very unlike it to behave in this manner - when I was taking a bath.

And even as I have been writing about my blog-post inspiring bathing experience, I have just realized one more thing. That I don't remember my ready-made post which practically wrote itself. Leave alone the post, I don't even seem to remember the idea I was supposed to write about. *%#$@^%.

Ok, got to go and take a bath now. Adios.

No comments: