Sunday, November 25, 2007

Cracking!

There is still an hour and some change left before it's officially the next week. As the weekend draws to a close, drawing curtains on the past week, I have been trying to figure out exactly what kind of weekend I have had. Good, bad, ugly or something else?

A good weekend is one during which I spend extended periods of time before the comp or the TV or both without being disturbed too often for doing things that don't involve food finding it's way into me. A bad weekend is one in which such non-food related disturbances take up my precious time. An ugly weekend is just a bad weekend and then some. Of late I have been noticing that not all my weekends fall into one of these broad categories and stay there. What I mean is, yes they fall under these broad categories but there is something else which makes the weekend stand out and those are the ones that fall under the 'something else' category.

Take for example the Lazy weekend that I had recently. It was basically a Good weekend but by nature of being an extended one (4 days) I seem to remember it more for the splendid display of laziness I put on than for anything else. Along those same lines, this weekend, that is about to end, has been a Cracking weekend and it's not because of fire crackers. It has been a Joint Cracking weekend. That is because I seem to remember only the sound of cracking joints when I think about the last two days.

Woke up to the sound of pounding hammers on the roof top and realized I was stiff. Crack knuckles, wrist, elbows, knees, back and any other joint up for a good crack. Sat in front of the comp. Crack knuckles. Had to get up from the comp to go have food. Crack the back. Sat down to eat. Crack the elbows. Spread out before the TV. Crack the full complement of known and unknown joints. Got up from in front of the TV. Back crack. The comp beckoned again. Knuckles again. Finally hit the sack. I heard a loud crack going up. Must have been the bed. Had a dream during my sleep and rolled off the bed. Head cracked.

Like I said, I had a Cracking weekend.

No comments: